Instagram stories are a continuous growing trend today. However brands need to stop treating them like a fad. Fortunately for you and your brand, Instagram stories are here to stay. Part of the Instagram App, stories allow brands to harness your already existing customer base. They provide a great opportunity to more intimately interact with your audience through polls, videos and more. At Digital Works Agency we know how wise it is to invest time into Instagram stories, therefore we have compiled a list of everything you need to know about instagram stories below.
- 1 in 5 stories results in a direct message; Yes this whopping figure is true, if you post 5 stories a day you could end up with 5 new leads in a week. The extra 10 minutes you spend on Instagram stories a day could be huge in the long run!
- 40% of Instagram stories are videos; This is a great sign to start posting a number of videos on your story. These videos could be anything from ‘Behind the scenes’ to ‘how a product is made’ or to you talking about your brand or business. Whatever it is, don’t get too worked up over it. Instagram stories are meant to be fun, interactive and easy-going.
- 60% of video Stories are played with the sound on; People are consuming Instagram in a whole different way than Instagram (85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound). This gives your brand the opportunity to get your voice out there and utilise these statistics through engaging video content.
- People say they use stories to connect with brands they like; They want to discover new products, access tutorials on products they like or own and more. This medium can allow you to push products in a whole new way.
- Brands post an average of 2.5 stories per week; Regularly posting Instagram stories not only keeps your brand fresh in your audience’s minds but also allows you to get ahead of competitors who haven’t yet realised the value in stories.
Want to get ahead of the curve? Instagram stories are where it’s at. From the Aesthetic’s Industry posting FAQs on procedures and treatments to Fast Food businesses posting enticing #FoodPorn, Instagram stories allow your brand to stand out and add more depth to your brand. They’re simple and easy to get the hang of but if you need an extra hand, get in touch!